June 18, 2021
Career Opportunity at Adore More.
We are looking for a Junior Engineer to join our team.
Interested applicants are to apply by sending their CV to [email protected].
More information below 👇
The junior engineer role will be primarily involved with designing and constructing structures that are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed, as well as improving the structural integrity of installations. The job includes spending time both in the office – designing and planning project details – and on-site taking measurements, meeting clients and architects, doing site risk assessments and providing technical advice to installers. The role also involves liaising with manufacturers and overseeing the manufacturing of the structures.
- Inspecting properties and taking measurements to come up with the best designs
- Making calculations about loads and stresses
- Building 2D and 3D models using computer-aided design technology (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects
- Liaising with clients on-site
- Collaborating with suppliers and manufacturers
- Submitting of orders to suppliers
- Preparing reports, designs and drawings
- Providing technical advice whilst being a reference person for technical support
- Monitoring and inspecting work that is undertaken by installers
- Overlooking and managing multiple projects
- Have a proactive approach in minimising issues during installations
- Effective planning of own work to ensure meeting deadlines of projects
- Ensuring upkeeping of any KPIs requested. These might be weekly and or monthly based on the company’s requirements
- Ease of assembly is a very important criterion to keep in mind when designing structures and setting up the installation methods
- Ensuring detailed Work Method Statements which the installers will use on-site
- Handling any internal communication with the respective departments
- Do site visits on the day of installation to ensure the quality of installation
Health and Safety:
- Whilst doing site visits it’s critically important to do a risk assessment of the area
- Request clients to take necessary actions to rectify any problems
- Structures need to be designed in a way to ensure no H&S risks to installers during installation
- Ensure H&S risk assessment, actions needed and recommendations, H&S equipment required to the Operations Department are in the Work Method Statement and/or the installation technical sheet
- Be a role model for the team members and always leads by example
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with fellow colleagues and suppliers
- Responsibility for the company assets provided
- Learn the company systems and procedures to be able to provide training to new employees
- Attend development and/or training sessions both internally and externally when requested
- Maintain the flow of emails of clients and suppliers and make sure these are responded/acknowledged to within 24 hours from receipt of the email
- Adhere to the company’s processes and procedures and assist the department in establishing new systems to improve workflow
Education / Qualifications or Experience:
- Standard of education: Degree
- Proficient use of computer-aided technology e.g. AutoCAD
- Computer literate with extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken/written English and Maltese.
- Project Management
- Previous experience within a busy environment and relevant work experience will be considered an asset.
- Analytical and mathematical skills to conduct accurate calculations
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Project and budget management skills.
With over 14 years of experience, Adore More is the only local supplier offering various key specializations: Apertures, Blinds, Outdoor Shading Systems, Gates, Fencing & Railings, Fire Resistant & Security Doors, Office Partitioning Systems, Internal & External Doors as well as Thermal Insulation panels, providing a tailor-made approach with flexible solutions that are cost-effective for any project whether domestic, commercial, or industrial A good remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.